The purpose of English Language Scholarships is to provide additional support to international students who have been awarded scholarships that do not provide support for English Language. This scholarship is in the form of a fully supported English Language Scholarship (excluding stipend) for up to six months of English language preparation. Students must be enrolled in appropriate Direct Entry Courses at the Centre for English Teaching (CET) according to their existing IELTS or equivalent level and the required IELTS or equivalent level for their target degree, ranging from 3.5 weeks to 25 weeks of supported instruction. The minimum IELTS level for the scholarship is 5.5 IELTS for a degree requiring 6.5 IELTS entry requirement or equivalent.
To be eligible applicants must have the following:
- A scholarship with a conditional offer for post-graduate research degrees needing 25 weeks or less of Direct Entry Courses.
- A minimum IELTS level 5.5 requiring 6.5 or equivalent, depending on degree.
- A scholarship that provides a stipend for living expenses during the English language component but not the tuition fees(the English Language Scholarship does not provide stipend).
- Applicants will need to apply online for their chosen English course immediately after they have applied for their degree program.
- All applicants must complete this application form.